Sunday, October 12, 2014

Family Pictures and practicing what I preach

Last Saturday we had our annual family pictures taken. These pictures will be sent out in Christmas cards and given away to all of the relatives. I spent quite a few hours deciding on what outfits to put the girls in, what I would wear, what my husband should wear. I even ironed. Yeah, it's that important.



But honestly, I was dreading it. I haven't lost all the baby weight yet. I haven't been able to workout because of my back pain. I knew that I wouldn't like the person I was going to see in the pictures. I knew that before I looked at the pictures I needed to do some serious preaching to myself. If I didn't check my heart, I would hate every single picture. I would criticize and nit pick at every flaw, everything I don't like. I wouldn't be able to see the good. 



It's the struggle of knowing the truth and believing it. And just because I believed it yesterday, doesn't mean I will believe it today. I need the truth spoken to me everyday. I need to say it to myself over and over until it sinks in and penetrates my broken heart. 



My worth isn't tied into how I look.





I am beautiful.





I am loved.




My husband and children love me.





God loves me as I am. 






No comments:

Post a Comment